How I set and style my bantu knot out!!


Hey guys!  Welcome back to my blog.  Recently I wore my hair in a Bantu knot out style.  For all of you who have natural hair, you know what a process it is on wash day (the struggle is real), but I have a few tips to make the process a little easier. 
  1. I wash and condition my hair first.  I let the conditioner sit longer than the recommended time.  By doing this, it makes for an easier detangling process.
  2. For this particular Bantu knot-out I blow dried my hair first.  This way I could ensure the style came out defined with no chance of dampness causing frizz, even though I let it set over night.  Remember to always use a heat protectant spray, and dry in sections.  This way you can dry the hair quicker, and use let heat on your hair.
  3. I still use a curl creme to define the curls, but I do not fully saturate my hair.  Remember we want to cut down on the drying time.
  4. During take down I use my favorite oil.  Just place a little in your hands before you take the curls down to lock in the moisture.
  5. Once I unravel the curls I separate them to my liking.  Remember to let the curls separate naturally.  Do not mess with them too much or you will cause your hair to frizz up.  For me personally I do not try to pick or tease my hair too much once I unravel and separate the curls, because I know my hair will grow throughout the day.
Those are just a few of my tips on how to achieve the perfect Bantu knot-out.  Now go ahead a watch the video to see how I get the look!!  Thanks for visiting my blog guys, until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts